The 297-room luxury boutique, which received recognition on Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, is ideally situated on the corner of Rush and Ontario streets, steps from Chicago’s famous Michigan Avenue Shopping district, Millennium Park and renowned museums.
About the Hotel
Every room is an expression of warm, residential style, enveloping guests in a classic design that is at once luxurious and supremely comfortable.
Experience The James as a culinary destination with The James Kitchen + Bar - serving locally-inspired, seasonal dishes - morning, noon and night.
Also featured is The Gym, The Spa by ASHA, 7,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, as well as seasonally rotating artwork from local and international artists.
Services and Amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 24-hour concierge
- 24-hour in-room dining
- 24-hour Business Networking Lounge with iMacs and printing
- 24-hour fitness center and Urban Wellness program offerings
- Nightly turndown upon request
- Environmentally thoughtful local car service
- Laundry & dry cleaning
- Shoe shine service
- Pets Welcome amenities by hotel partner, Shinola, include plush beds, leather leashes and collars, treats and more
- lil' james offerings for our littlest travelers
- 7,000 sq. ft of meeting and event space
- Valet parking ($65 per day with in/out privileges)
- PUBLIC bikes for adults and Paul Frank child city bikes (based on availability at time of request)
- Complimentary triple-filtered water
- HD Smart TVs in meeting spaces and guestrooms featuring content streaming from personal devices, an interactive program guide boasting local attractions, dining options, spa services and more
- Eco-friendly pillow options from Keetsa
- Private media room with HD DVD projector (Loft Suites only)
- Work/dining niche
- Accessible rooms available
- Non-smoking guestrooms and suites
- Exclusive in-room Four Bodies Wellness Programming
- Check in: 2pm, Check out: 2pm
- Minimum check-in age is 18 years old
- Government-issued ID and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges
- The James Chicago is a non-smoking property
The James Chicago is ideally situated in the heart of downtown Chicago and is within easy walking distance of numerous dining, shopping, nightlife and cultural attraction choices. The James is also conveniently located near all public buses and trains, taking you to the hippest urban neighborhoods outside of the loop.
Things to do
Browse our top picks for things to do in Chicago using our Insider’s Guide.
- Michigan Avenue (1 block)
- Museum of Contemporary Art (.5 miles)
- Millennium Park (1.1 miles)
- Art Institute of Chicago (.9 miles)
- John Hancock Observatory (.5 miles)
- Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool (2.8 miles)